Michael Fuchigami, Grade 8 Classroom Teacher
- Became a licensed teacher in Ontario. (Jun 19, 2001)
- Supply teacher in the Ottawa Carleton District School Board OCDSB
- Contract teacher with the OCDSB – Jan 1, 2005
- Opened up LDHSS (Gr 7-12): Longfields Davidson Heights Staff – Sep 2009
- Experienced Mental Health crisis – April 2018 – present
- Resigned from the OCDSB – Dec 31, 2018
- Gave up my Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) teaching license – Jan 2, 2019
Michael Fuchigami v2.0
- I am donating 10% of all of my income to support student mental health.
- Launched MichaelFuchigami.ca – Jan 1, 2019
- Launched SEOT to help students build grit, tenacity, and resilience – Jan 2019
- Wrote about changing my story – I need your help – Jan 2019
- Educircles.org – Growth Mindset resources and lesson plans
- Help local businesses with local Ottawa SEO
- Launched Reading Strategies by Educircles – Nov 2021
- Launched Pivot by Educircles – Nov 2021
- Launched SEOT Mindset Inc – Mar 2022
STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH ADVOCATE:
10% of all my earnings from Jan 1, 2019, will be donated to youth mental health charities:
I earn a living from the internet.
So far, I have donated $9,344.68
(This is 10% of my earnings from Jan 1, 2019, to March 31, 2022. I was looking for reasons to get me through some dark times.)
Here’s how much I’ve donated so far:
- Kids Help Phone: $4,672.34 (CAD)
- Do It For Daron: $4,672.34 (CAD)
Total: $9,344.68 (CAD)
Last Updated: Jan 1, 2022
- Apr 17, 2022: Donated $992.54 (10% of earnings for Q1 Jan 1-Mar 31, 2022)
- Dec 31, 2021: Donated $95.30 (10% of earnings for Dec 1-31, 2021)
- Dec 29, 2021: Donated $631.10 (10% of earnings for Oct 1 – Nov 30, 2021)
- Oct 13, 2021: Donated $216.42 (10% of earnings for Sep 2021)
- Sep 1, 2021: Donated $1,200.60 (10% of earnings for Nov 1, 2020 to Aug 31, 2021)
- Nov 20, 2021: Donated $1,476.20 (10% of earnings for Jan 1, 2020 to Oct 31, 2020)
- Feb 5, 2020: Donated $872.00 (10% of earnings for 2019)
Want to help out?
The best way to help out is by thinking about your health – mental and physical.
The second best way to help out is to share your stories when you’re ready. It doesn’t have to be in a public format like I did. It can be through private conversations with trusted friends and family.
Often, we wear a mask of confidence and everything-is-okay.
So, when we struggle ourselves, we look around and see everyone is great… Then we feel isolated and think we’re the only one who feels this way.
But, in fact we’re not alone. Have faith you’re not alone.
Anna of Arendelle got it right.
Someone was asking about donating a few dollars themselves.
- If you would like to donate to Kids Help Phone, click here.
- If you would like to donate to Do It For Daron, click here.
Several people including teachers, journalists, former students, and parents have reached out and contacted me. I appreciate every single email, YouTube comment, text message and conversation.
It’s been Three Years and Three Months since I rebooted my life
Number of Days since Jan 1, 2019: 1203 days
It’s been 3.25 years since my life changed and it’s still hard for me to process.
Good moments and tough moments, but definitely more good moments than 3.25 years ago.
If you reach out and I don’t respond to your message, it’s because I haven’t found the courage yet to reply. (Some days are easier than others; you know how it is.)
But, I really do appreciate you reaching out.